Monday, March 31, 2008

Ridiculous... There is no other word...

Sometimes I'm amazed at the complete stupidity of other people. Stupid and nonsensical and basically insane.

A couple of years ago I was kind of seeing a certain guy. We ended up having a huge blow-out fight and I basically cut him out of my life. He basically said I was naive and stupid for believing in monogamous relationships, that they never work out, that there is no such thing anymore. Yeah, a real charmer. Oh and he said all of this after telling me he was engaged to someone else (that's right, while he continued to see me). I told him it would never work (he asked her to marry him after "dating" her for a couple of months). He of course said it would, that I was bitter. So I pretty much said "fuck you," and ended all ties. Well, a couple of months ago he emailed me, apologizing, saying I was right, it didn't work, and that except for the huge fight we had the last time we talked that we never argued, that he realized I was an awesome person to be with, blah blah blah. I decided to at least talk to him again, and for a while (and for a while I mean about a week and a half) he continued to pursue me. I figured I'd let him do the chasing, that if he was serious, he'd try to see me. Slowly, that faded, and pretty soon, I didn't hear much of anything from him.

Now I find out he's "in love". He met this girl (yes, I say GIRL and I will get into that in a little bit) a WEEK ago, and he's in love and they are planning on moving in together. WHAT? To top it all off, he's my age. 32. She's NINETEEN! What the hell is wrong with people? Yeah, I can see this lasting, oh about 3 weeks. About twice as long as they've known each other. Come on! I'm all for hitting it off with someone and wanting to see that person, but after ONE date say you're in love? You're either on drugs, hallucinating, or have serious mental issues. Or maybe all of these.

I could care less that he's seeing someone else. I am more irritated at the fact that he is feeding her the same lines he once fed me. Only I was smart enough not to swallow (pun INTENDED).

One word. Ridiculous.

1 comment:

amy beth said...

oh NO!
well, my only thoughts are - at least sometimes they make it EXTREMELY EASY on you where their immense jerkey-ness makes them very forgettable. what a douche bag.