Saturday, March 15, 2008

I present the world's longest piece of string.....

......And at the end is me, tied and trying to cut myself free.......

Enough of the metaphors, here's what's really going on.

A mere three days ago I posted the "happy happy joy joy" entry. I convinced myself I had overreacted to the "disappearing man". I was thinking how he's not like the others (FINALLY) in that he really wasn't being evasive, that things had come up beyond his control and limited everything else in his life.

I believed he really was into me.

That is, until today. I'm pissed. I'm more pissed than I was before. Before, I ranted and I was done. I'm pissed today. I'll be pissed tomorrow. At least at him.

Here's why. Thursday, we talk on the phone. We agree to meet up Saturday in GR. He said he would think about where to meet and talk to me on Friday. Sweet. I'm excited. Wait. Let me backtrack this and tell another story first. One that will justify me being pissed off.

About ten years ago or so, I was on-again, off-again dating this guy Chris. I had moved to Kalamazoo, he still lived in Jackson. He had come to visit before, and was planning on visiting on a certain weekend. We had planned it out that he would be in Kalamazoo after work on Friday and stay through Sunday. I always worked Saturday mornings, but I arranged it for someone else to take my hours so I could spend it with him. He said he would be at my place by 7pm. 7 comes and goes. 8 comes and goes. Soon it gets close to 9, so first thing I did was talk to the person I had given my hours to at work and said I would work after all that it appeared he wasn't going to show up. I try calling him at home. He's not there. He never shows. I FINALLY get a hold of him late afternoon Saturday. Where was he? Out with a friend drinking. He said he stopped with a friend after work and "before he knew it" he was drunk and couldn't come over. That was the last time I spoke to him.

Fast forward to the present. Last night - no phone call, no email. I try calling - phone is shut off. I leave an email wondering what the plans were since I hadn't heard from him (I left the email after midnight - so it's not like I didn't give him an opportunity to call me or send an email).

Well guess what. Oh I got an email. At 11AM!!!!! And guess what the excuse was? Yep, "before he knew it he was drunk". Oh that, and his cell phone died. So tonight is cancelled because of it. Since when did buying a cell phone become not only an all-day but all-night expedition? When I bought mine, I think I was in the store, hmm... a half hour? And most of that time was spent transferring the account.

This is why I pulled my profile from the dating service. I'm tired of this shit. I'm tired of being thought of last. I'm tired of being strung along. I'm tired of the inconsiderate acts of the opposite sex. I'm tired of assholes.

And that's exactly to me what he's being. Exactly what his friends told him not to be when they were giving him advice about our first date. Don't be an asshole. Well, he is now. Because, to me, not getting in contact with me DURING the day yesterday or even when he got home last night, is being an asshole when he specifically said he would let me know about tonight. And the cellphone and drunk excuses are just that- excuses. Excuses and bullshit.

I deserve more than that.

No comments: