Saturday, December 15, 2007

hey you i don't like your girlfirend.....

.....so apparently I am someone's girlfriend and I didn't even know it..... It of course, isn't true... But I'm continuously baffled by this person's behavior and the jealousy behind it... One of my best friends happens to be male. Not only male, but a married male at that. We used to work for the same company, but now work for different companies. Despite that, we've kept up our friendship because we're able to talk about anything and everything, and being the friends that we are - we do the whole cheering up thing when one of us is down. We only talk before work (on the drive to work) or after work (again, on the drive home). We don't talk on weekends. We don't talk after 5:30pm or so at night. We haven't seen each other in months (since before he left the company). But according to his wife, our friendship must end. He is too emotionally involved with me. WHAT?

She went through his phone bill, saw that on some days he talks to me for a half hour or so, and demanded he stop talking to me. Okay. So I'm single. He's not. There is where I would initially raise my eyebrows if he were my husband. But as I said, we don't see each other. In fact, he's home every night. I put myself in her shoes and tried as hard as I could to see things from her point of view and I cannot bring myself to be as jealous as that when there is no reason to be. She in fact even said that "I know nothing physical is going on because you're always home". But she's worried about him being too emotionally involved with me. Yeah, let me just say, my friend is NOT an emotional person. That's what makes the friendship work - I'm the emotional one - and the emotional part is not me gushing my love for him or asking him to be with me - it's my freak-outs at work or freak-outs about my latest dating failure - he grounds me when I become a wreck.

It just irritates me that he gets treated like that when there is no cause. We have to sneak around to talk like we actually are having the affair she seems to think we're having.

Anyway. So the guy I mentioned in the previous post is still after me. I found out something disturbing and that is he's into prescription drugs and doing "whippits". I just can't bring myself to being okay with that. It's not okay. It's dangerous and stupid. It's just one more thing on top of everything else which tells me to stay away. So I'm keeping my distance. I talk to him, but that's it. If at anytime he brings up seeing each other I make up an excuse. Yeah, I'm a chickenshit like that. I'd rather be evasive then say flat out what I'm feeling when it comes to dating him. No wonder I get the same treatment by guys. I guess it is true, what goes around comes around.

Dammit.

No comments: